Proposals should include a selection of recently produced work (emailed as 6 digital images), a brief biography, and a one-paragraph artist statement, all emailed. All images MUST be identified with Title, Date, Medium (material used), and Dimensions. Please also provide your ABN. If your application is successful, the fee for a new subscriber is $44, and $38.50 annual renewal fee thereafter.
Proposals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include your contact details for our response.
We consider applications for the website in accordance with the following selection criteria.
Artists included on VAN website, will be artists who:
- are emerging or established;
- live and work in the Northern Rivers of NSW;
- have completed tertiary visual arts training or demonstrated experience and industry recognition;
- have high quality/professional images of their artwork;
- have exhibited their work in a solo exhibition at a leading commercial gallery, or in a curated exhibition in a recognized regional gallery or other public gallery (this does not include rented gallery space or competitions); and
- have an ABN.
Artists will also be assessed for suitability in relation to the following criteria.
It is expected that artwork will:
- be relevant to contemporary art practice;
- display a high level of artistic achievement; and
- be appropriate for commercial sale or public exhibition.
The website will:
- illustrate a wide variety in styles, concepts, techniques and media;
- reflect the multi-cultural population;
- be representative of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists;
- be without gender bias; and
- showcase works of sound condition and quality materials.
A curatorial selection committee will review decisions quarterly. Final decisions are made at the discretion of Arts Northern Rivers.